Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Boker Tov

Boker Tov means good morning and hello morning comes fast when 3 ladies have to be fed, dressed and out the door for preschool by 8:30am, especially when 2 of the 3 ladies now wake up between 7am and 8am. Faye started preschool last week and is 3 days in. She loves it and so do Maddie and I, it's gradual entry. Faye is always the messiest kid there by the end of class, followed by her younger sister (who is not even in class). Faye goes from the sandbox to the water table to the playdough to the painting to the crafts table. On the 3rd day I veered them to the non messy area of the room, the books, puzzles and kitchen side. We were very happy there until the last 5 minutes of play time and in those short minutes Faye managed to cover herself in paint all the way from her fingers to her elbows and on her shirt and pants. Maddie thankfully stuck with the markers on her hands. Other than preschool we celebrated Rosh Hashanah, the new year and Maddie feel in love with honey. She loves an afternoon snack of apples and honey. We had our annual block party which starts with a street sale and ends with a neighbor dinner in the street, so much fun. We have been enjoying our community garden, Maddie loves eating the cherry tomatoes off the vine. We have enjoyed lettuce, kale, beets, tomatoes, strawberries, zucchini, yellow squash and carrots from our garden. The girls are into puzzles, books, riding their "bicycle" (riding toy) from Penny, having tea parties, dressing their magnetic dolls, our after dinner family walks and the black swing. The black swing is the baby swing at the park. They get to swing really high and crazy in it as it wraps around them. The other day as we rounded the corner of the park with the black swing one of them said, "I want the black swing," to which the other replied, "I want the black swing." This bantering went back and forth and when I parked the stroller at the park, they tore out of it, ran as fast as their cute little legs would take them and both hung on the black swing (they need my held to get in it) all the while screaming, "I want the black swing!" They are learning to take turns! It works with the riding toy ,too. I set the timer and when it beeps they switch. Daddy is busy at his job with some early mornings and late nights, but we love it when he is around. Maddie seems especially bothered by his absence. Faye has had some recent tantrums. It is usually something very small that sparks them, but they are pretty intense crying screaming fits. During today's fit a few ladies asked if I needed any help, which I replied with why do I look like I need help (picture me carrying Faye in the football hold screaming, crying, squirming while holding Maddie's hand, walking in the parking lot from school), they laughed and assured me they had all been through the exact same thing only 12 years ago. Bring it on terrible twos!

No comments: