Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Heavy Heart

This year Thanksgiving is bittersweet, my favorite holiday but it was also my due date. Turns out this week is as emotionally difficult as some told me it might be. The very thought or mention of it sends me into a sobbing mess. When I was 21 weeks pregnant I found out my cervix was dilated. After surgery and 3 weeks of bed rest my body went into labor, the most difficult and painful thing I ever experienced physically and emotionally. I carried him for 6 months and felt all bazillion of his kicks, David held him after delivery for about 5 minutes. We loved the little guy. He was born too early and did not live. David and I named him Eliott. David and I wanted something positive to come of this, to be better people. So we use the motto, "find our inner Eliott." This means be better people, be happy with what we have, be more open to what others may be going through and be better givers. Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully we all find our inner Eliott.

5 comments:

Mary Ella said...

I will try to find my inner Eliott. I certainly do better when I think of him. He is special! I love you Tina!!!

Stacy Brine said...

We love you guys so much, Tina. What a wonderful way to remember Eliott and such an important reminder to us all. Thank you for letting us share Thanksgiving with your family...xo

1yaya said...

Dear Tina and David,

So sorry!

Love,
Yaya

Rach said...

This post is beautiful. So sorry.

Coto Clan said...

You inspire me. XOXO