Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving with friends at our place. David prepared his usual feast of turkey, dressing, potatoes, green beans, cranberry mold, gravy and a new yummy corn dish as we could not find yellow squash for squash casserole. I made pecan pies, regular and chocolate. It was delish and a fun time except for the Hogs loss, we are beginning to think our Canadian friends are bad luck for the Hogs, we are not sure that they have ever seen them win a game! In total there were 18 of us, which included 8 super cute and fun kids. Other than that we have been trying to get outside as much as possible, it requires about 20 minutes of prep time with all the gear we have to wear to stay warm and dry, hello rainy season! The girls now sport muddy buddies which keep them dry head to toe, they are awesome. They both are learning to use the slide and we included a video of each going down. Not to worry, Faye landed safely and happily at the end of her ride down the slide in the video below. Maddie as you will see does a little jive to get herself going down. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Billie King said...

Loved the photos. The girls are beautifuly. Looks like a great time. You moved the furnture, I like it.Love MIMI

Mary Ella said...

I noticed the moved furniture to accommodate all the peeps for Thanksgiving! Wish I could have been there! I love Maddie's jive before she slides!!!