Sunday, July 11, 2010
In the Summertime
Ahh the summertime...it finally arrived in Vancouver. It has been in the 80's for about a week now, it's perfect for playing outside and not too hot to sleep inside without an air conditioner. We went to a pool party and the girls got into their first outdoor pool, the water was around 90 degrees and felt great. We got a bike trailer, so I tote the girls around the hood. Mainly to places/parks that are a bit too far to get to happily in the stroller (for me and for them). We are also never on busy streets. Vancouver is on a big bicycle kick and have installed many nice, roomy and safe bike lanes, our Mayor is a HUGE supporter and is making things happen, cycling is up 100% in Vancouver. Together the girls are 60lbs, plus the trailer, so going uphill is a workout, I am usually out of the saddle right away. It's tough, but I love it! Last week when we got to the park via bike, Maddie was asleep, meanwhile I was the one who was tired! Faye was awake and entertained me with a rendition of many of the songs she knows. We got some shots of the girls in our front yard, the flowers are blooming and we are feeling like we just might have green thumbs after all. Faye and Maddie are showing off their winks (looks more like a squint), they crack each other up winking at each other. They can be pretty silly. The girls started gymnastics last week and love it. It's a mini gym and they love the trampoline, rings, tunnels and bar. I did gymnastics growing up, so it is pretty fun for me bringing back memories of Mr. Sky, I mean Mr. Scott (that one is for you Amber!). David and I continue to have date night once a month and started an adult only Supper Club with our friends. We are also getting back into working out which feels really good. The girls are a lot of work and by the end of the day I am pretty tired, but I love my job and they are so worth it! Happy Summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The girls are growing!! I love the pictures of them by the tree. They are both soo beautiful! I do remember Mr Sky...I'm pretty sure we gave him gray hair. We got Caroline's tshirt at Gap. I miss you all and I am so glad you guys are enjoying the weather. I can totally see you biking the girls all over...you are a great Mom and friend. I love you!
Way to go Tina with the biking, it wore me out just reading what you do! Give those cuties lots of love from Aunt Hootie!
Post a Comment