Thursday, August 26, 2010

Daddy Camp

David, Faye and 9 of their friends (9 other Dads and 9 other kids) went on a bicycling camping trip last weekend. It is an annual trip that David's friends started with their oldest child. It starts with a ferry ride to Gabriola Island followed by a 10km trek, most of which is uphill to the campsite pulling a trailer with a kid and all their gear and food (Morrilton picture about 6 Caruthers Hills, says David). There is a bus that comes to the campsite every hour and takes people from the campsite to the local pub, which is super kid friendly with toys and kid food. Faye apparently became a fan of The Steve Miller Band and entertained the bus with her dancing and jumping skills. Every night our friend Steve read the kids books. Faye slept great in the tent and sleeping bag and even took naps everyday with David in the tent. She was one of 2 kids to get in the water (no surprise) and David had to work hard to keep her shoes on her feet. Faye was the youngest ever to go on the trip, I heard her referred to as the happiest little camper! They came back very dirty, but quite happy, Maddie and I were thrilled to see them back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience for both of them!! I am very impressed I don't know if I would have attempted that with all those children. But looks like a whole lot of fun.